Alex’s Snowcones & Ice Cream is a fun standalone dairy bar right off of Maryland I-70 down the road from Larriland Farm where you can pick your own produce.
If you’re near by in the summer, this is a must stop for families.
Over the years this place has become increasingly popular and for good reason! It is one of the best kept secrets by the locals (I asked around!). So this is your chance to know about a local secret! Continue reading to know why and to get $1 off your order.
What to Expect
Alex’s is a small building that looks like a gingerbread house. You order from the window outside and then the order is brought to you.
The young cashier was very helpful in helping us order our treats and there were a lot of local people just spending time together during our visit on a weekday morning.
And the best part is, your cone will be filled from top to bottom so you will receive a nice helping!
What to Try
Alex’s claim-to-fame is that it is a great place for ice cream or snow cones. There are over 26+ hard ice cream flavors from Turkey Hill and 30+ flavors of snowballs including:
- Whoopie Pie
- Dutch Chocolate
- Party Cake
- Traditional chocolate
- Traditional vanilla
- Soft serve ice cream
- Ice cream sundaes galore
- Snowballs (similar to a snow cone) with or without marshmallow on top (30+ flavors)
There are also some hot dog meal options. It’s so good, no matter what you try you won’t be disappointed.
Where to Enjoy Your Treat
There is a plenty of outdoor seating with umbrellas.
Next to the seating area is an enclosed playground for children with a cho-cho train, slide, house, and hideout.
This is a very nice, modern and well kept up playground structure with mulch and shade. Plus it’s enclosed! My children spent 30 minutes playing here. Fun summery music is played in the background.
Know Before You Go
- Show them this online coupon for $1 off your order ($5 minimum)
- They only accept cash so be prepared!
- There is no ATM on-site
- There are also some playground structures closer to the roads that are amazing – one was a pirate ship with swing.
- There is some furniture available for sale.
- Alex’s is located at 16041 Frederick Rd, Lisbon, MD
- They are open Monday – Thursday from 11am – 9pm and Friday – Sunday from 11am – 10pm
- Free wifi is available
Photos by Andrea Verwys.