[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.3″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.26.3″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.26.3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.26.3″]
Lucid Motion at Artechouse
For those not familiar with Artechouse, it is a unique experiential (and family-friendly) are exhibit that explores the intersection of art and technology in unexpected and often fun and beautiful ways.
Their latest exhibit, Lucid Motion, combines dance, movement, and augmented reality. The largest room in Artechouse is filled with giant beanbags perfect for watching the projection of a digital dancer whose performance is taken from the movements of a real ballerina. Visitors can grab a bean bag and become mesmerized by the beautiful performance projected onto three walls, or as my children did, stand and dance along with the digital dancer.
Another highlight of Lucid Motion is the room filled with opportunities to engage in augmented reality. When you enter this room, each visitor is given an iPad that is used to create augmented reality with various objects ranging from turntable to a lamp as well as pictures of dancers and other artwork. It was fascinating to see dancers appear to perform on and around the objects throughout the room. There is also another, smaller room in which visitors’ images appear on a floor-to-ceiling screen.
This Artechouse exhibit is great for kids, but it also makes a great date night or Moms Night Out destination. From 5:30 – 11:00 pm each night Artechouse turns into 21+ venue. And, yes, there is a bar!
- If you go, tickets are $16 for adults and $8 for children 14 and under if purchased online. Children under two are free. We have a limited time exclusive dea for a 20% discount.
- Tickets are sold for timed admissions to keep the number of visitors at any given time limited. If you are late, you will still be allowed in.
- Although tickets are timed, you can stay as long as you like and the average visit is about an hour.
- There is metered parking near Artechouse as well as several garages. It is also within walking distance of the L’Enfant Plaza and Smithsonian metro stations.
- Lucid Motion will be showing through December 1, 2019.
- Before you visit download the Artechouse app. The app can be used to create more augmented reality experiences with the Artechouse logo and drinks.
- The Wharf DC is a short drive, or about a five minute walk, from Artechouse. Make a day of it by grabbing lunch or dinner at one of the Wharf’s many restaurants after your visit to Artechouse.
Enter our giveaway for tickets for a chance to see Lucid Motion.
By: Jamie Davis Smith
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_image src=”https://www.portableentrepreneur.com/ourkids/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ath-4.jpg” _builder_version=”3.26.3″][/et_pb_image][et_pb_image src=”https://www.portableentrepreneur.com/ourkids/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ath-4.jpg” _builder_version=”3.26.3″][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]