When Henhouse Cafe first opened, they began testing how big of a pancake they could make before it would start breaking when flipped.
They settled on a 18 inch pancake.
This now makes up their ‘Mom’s Famous Pancakes’ dish.
The dish comes with 2 enormous (no wait, it’s much bigger than that!) pancakes weighing in at 3 pounds.
The server will ask you “are you sure?” These pancakes serve eleven people.
We thought that sounded like an exaggeration. Two pancakes for 11 people? Ha!
So we came as a family of 4 – 2 adults and 2 kids.
Turns out they were right. As a family of 4, we couldn’t even finish one single pancake. We had to take the second pancake, plus leftovers from the first, home in a pizza box.
NEARBY FUN: 97+ Fun Things to Do in Phoenix
It actually didn’t even completely fit. We had to pull up the sides just to close the box.
The pancakes came dusted with powder sugar, butter melted on top and syrup on the side.
The pancakes were good by themselves, even before adding butter and syrup.
The price for the 3-pound pancakes that feed 11? Just $15.99.
The Next Day (Ok…2 days)
The next day, we pulled out the pizza box for breakfast. I didn’t have hope for the pancake still being good the next day. We sliced the pancake into pizza looking slices, heated them for 45 seconds in the microwave and they were still good!
Henhouse Cafe has 3 locations – 2 in Gilbert, AZ and the other in Mesa, AZ.
Henhouse Cafe, 3244 East Guadalupe Gilbert, AZ 85234
Henhouse Cafe, 3133 South Lindsay Gilbert, AZ 85295
Henhouse Cafe, 805 N. Dobson Road Mesa, AZ 85201
Things to Do Near Henhouse Cafe
All finished up and ready for more fun? Here are some other great things you can do nearby:
Near Gilbert Locations
- Walk off the pancakes at Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
- When your pancakes have digested, swing by Handel’s for some delicious ice cream
- Ride the train at Freestone Park
- Smell the flowers at The Rose Garden at Mesa Community College
Near Mesa Location
- Climb on the large play structures at Riverview Park
- Continue on your way to see the Wild Horses on the Salt River
- Cool off at Golfland Sunsplash (11 minutes away)
- Bring your bike and test your skills at the Desert Trails Bike Park (15 minutes away)
- Check out the warplanes at the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum
- Take the kids to the i.d.e.a Museum