Over the summer, my 7-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son attended a birthday party at Rebounderz Indoor Trampoline Arena in the Sterling Business Park. Rebounderz has two large separate jumping arenas with trampolines connected to each other on the floor and walls, a trampoline basketball court for free-throws, and a gaming area where kids accrue tickets and exchange them for little prizes.
After checking-in, we went to the party room where the dedicated Rebounderz Party Host assisted individuals in completing the waivers and distributed special shoes and cushioned helmets for the jumpers – adults and children. Participants watched a safety video that among other things emphasized adult jumpers were responsible for watching out for children in the jump arenas and no more than one jumper at a time on a trampoline. We were escorted to the jump area and supervised by two referees in the jump arena. Rebounderz also monitors all activity with security cameras throughout the facility.
The total 70 minutes of jump time was more than generous and a bit to long for our group of mostly 7-year-olds. The kids tired fast and took breaks. For an additional charge, parties up to 20 jumpers can have the first 35-minutes of the total 70-minute jump time in a private jumper space. Our party had 12 kids and it was very nice to have the private space. The two referees did a respectable job of watching the kids and one even spent a considerable amount of time assisting a 3-year-old jumper. However, one started to throw a ball at the kids in what I am guessing was an unsuccessful attempt to get a dodge ball game. Most of the kids did not enjoy getting hit with a large soft ball by their peers.
Besides the jump arena, the kids enjoyed a trampoline basketball court where they could jump while trying to make a basket. There were water coolers in the jump area to keep participants hydrated. Parents could easily watch the kids by standing at the entrance to the jump arena. There was a couch in between the jump arenas and a large lounge area near the cafe. When the jump time ended, the kids turned in their safety gear and headed towards the party room for pizza and cake distributed by the Rebounderz Party Host. Afterwards, the kids received a $1.00 in tokens to play any of the arcade games spread throughout the facility and the party was finished.
Rebounderz offers birthday parties for all ages (2-year-olds and younger need an adult to jump). To appeal to a variety of ages, there are 4 birthday rooms each decorated in a theme – records and guitars; sports; flowers and peace symbols (our room); and a military call to duty room that might be a bit overboard for younger children as it has pictures on the wall of two men carrying guns.
Rebounderz did an excellent job of organizing and hosting a children’s party where both kids and adults can participate. Like most party places geared towards children, the music was very loud. However, the staff were friendly and took care of all the details. While I felt this place was more appropriate for the 7 and older set, my kids left the party tired from having fun.
Parties held Friday, Saturday, Sunday and on Fairfax and Loudoun County student holidays are $350.00 (plus tax). Parties held Monday through Thursday are $299.00 (plus tax). The price covers 15 jumpers (adults and children) and includes:
- 2 Hour Party (The first 70 minutes of the party is jump time)
- Private party room for the 2 hour duration
- Safety gear(non-fabric, padded helmets and safety shoes)
- 2 cheese pizzas (18″)
- 15 bottles of water
- Dedicated Party Host
- Paper Products (plates, napkins, cutlery, cups, tablecloth).
- $1.00 Game Tokens per each participant
- T-Shirt for the birthday jumper
Additional jumpers can be added for $18.00. And, a private jumper space for the first 35 minutes of the total jump time can be added to your package for $125.00. A dozen balloons for the party room are available for $15.00. Goody bags are $3.00 each but they were disappointing as they consisted of a plastic cup with a few pieces of candy and a discount coupon to Rebounderz.
Rebounderz has a lower budget option that is only available Friday through Sunday and for groups under 15 jumpers. The party is held on the picnic tables located along the front edge of the facility (not in an enclosed room). All food and beverages are sold separately and options are listed on “food/beverage options” tab on their website. You can reserve a maximum of (4) tables for $25 per picnic table and each table seats 8-10 people. All paper products and cutlery are included. Group of 10 jumpers can receive the group rate of $15/hour per participant. If you have less then 10 jumpers, each participant will be $17/hour per participant.
Good to Know
- Parties can be booked online. A week prior to your party, the Party Coordinator will contact you to go over all the details and handle any special requests or questions.
- A $75.00 deposit is required when booking your party. Parties in an enclosed room require a minimum of 14 days notice to cancel or the deposit is forfeited. Picnic table parties are charged a $25 cancellation fee if the party is canceled within 72 hours of the event date.
- No outside food or drinks except for cakes and cupcakes.
- All jumpers must bring socks and soft-soled athletic shoes.
- All guests must have a signed liability waiver on file before jumping on the jumper. If the guest is under the age of 18, a parent or court assigned legal guardian of the minor must complete the required Rebounderz waiver. Save time and fill out the waiver online a couple days before attending.
- Besides birthday parties, Rebounderz offers open jump time, camps and a special Friday Night Frenzy for kids ages 12 and up.
Photos courtesy of Teresa Flaim.