This winter Enchant Christmas DC turns Nationals Park into a magical wonderland. Seeing the field lit up with millions of lights is a special experience. While many other light displays in the area are beautiful to look at, Enchant is something to be experienced.
What’s to See
Here you’ll experience the light maze, explore the village, visit Santa’s landing for pictures, let the little ones play at the play place and even go ice skating if you want.
There is a scavenger hunt to help find toys hidden by a mischievous elf which kids really enjoy.
There’s also live entertainment and holiday shopping experiences for a fun-filled family outing.
There is a section with dangling lights that kids have a great time walking through. Most lights are set up like a maze, although my crew just walked through taking in the sights.
I also spotted a giant illuminated diamond ring and found myself hoping to catch a surprise proposal, which sadly did not happen while I was there.
There is an enormous 200-foot Christmas tree and so much more to enjoy!
There are amazing photo opps for the family just about everywhere you turn (yes, even on the parking garages!).
Ice Skating at Enchant Christmas DC
A highlight of our visit for my kids was ice skating!
There is a large ice skating rink that provides some great views of the lights.
Ice skating does cost extra but the price includes skate rental and there is no time limit for how long you can stay on the ice.
Other Activities at Enchant Christmas DC
The play area at Nationals Park is open throughout Enchant and my 6-year-old had a great time there climbing and going down the slide while his older siblings skated.
Mrs. Claus makes occasional visits to the play area for story time. We missed this but if you visit you may want to check out the schedule.
When to Go
Enchant Christmas is open from November 25th to January 1st.
The earlier you go the less busy it will be so if you can get there at 4:30 you will have less crowds and an easier time finding street parking.
Also, weekdays will be less crowded than the weekends, although as you get closer to the holidays, that tends to change.
Enchant Christmas DC Tickets & Prices
When you purchase a general admission ticket, the following is included:
- Access to The Village
- Light Maze
- Santa’s Landing
- Little Ones’ Play Place
- Adult price tickets start from $35
- For children between the ages of 3-17 from $23
- And for senior citizens from $32
There is a special Night Owl ticket where you can enjoy the last 2 hours for a special price of $25.
Ice skating costs $18 which includes skate rental and there is no time limit for skating.
What’s New: Santa’s Magical Timelapse, which is an all-new story and maze adventure at the Enchant Christmas
Food & Drink at Enchant Christmas DC
There is food and drink available at different food stations although it’s expensive. There are tasty drinks (some with alcohol too) and treats.
Getting to Enchant Christmas DC
The light even is held at National’s Park in Washington DC which is located at: 1500 S Capitol St SE, Washington, DC 20003.
If you go during less busy times, check for street parking to save yourself money. Otherwise, you’ll be paying a higher fee for parking.
Good to Know Before You Go
- Be sure to check out the view of the lights on the field from the entry level when you first get into Nationals Park. The lights are so pretty from above!It can be hot inside some of the trains (a couple do have A/C) but not unbearable
- We strongly recommend making reservations for ice skating in advance. Although you can stay on the ice as long as you like once there, tickets are timed to try to control crowds.
- Parking is easy and right next to the display museum where you purchase tickets but street parking with definitely save you money.
- Strollers are not allowed on the field where the lights are located. There is free stroller parking near the entrance so you can bring your stroller into the park and pick it up before you leave.
- If your little one uses a stroller you may want to consider bringing a baby carrier for seeing the lights.
- There is a nursing mothers room available.
- Even if you are not interested in grabbing food or Christmas gifts we still recommend taking a stroller on the upper level.
- There is a nice ambiance with the Christmas carolers and lots of homemade gifts available to browse.
- Some days and times will sell out so buy tickets in advance! Children under two are free.
- Enchant is outdoors so remember to dress for the weather!