From October 1 through October 31, Burke Nursery celebrates the season with its Annual Fall Festival and Pumpkin Playground.
The Pumpkin Playground is an oasis of fun for toddlers and young children. There are several different slides sized for all ages. A tractor pulled hayride (wheelchair accessible) takes riders around the perimeter of the area and through some “spooky” seasonal scenery.
The pumpkin fort “gets bigger every year,” while huge tubes set into the ground invite children to climb and play. Money mountain is a hill of pounded sand where little miners can search for treasures including coins and plastic novelty items.
Activities at the Fall Festival
Birthday parties can be held on the festival grounds and large groups receive discounted admission.
During the weekdays, school field trips are popular and classes can reserve tables for picnics while enjoying a wide range of interactive and educational fun.
A Native American story teller has special hours on site and students can choose stories from educational murals inside an authentic teepee.
Behind “Miss Nancy’s Hotel,” and “Fred’s General Store,” is an entire play area especially for young toddlers. Swings, slides, a mini carousel and wooden structures for climbing make this a fun filled adventure.
RELATED: Fall Festivals in Northern Virginia
Farm animals including peacocks, goats, and chickens peer at visitors from behind large wire enclosures.
On the weekends, additional amusements with paid admission include face painting and a pumpkin balloon house.
The following weekend activities also require the purchase of $1.00 tickets: Moon bounce (2 tickets), Wobble Wagon (2 tickets), Pony Rides (5 tickets), Balloon Animals (2 tickets) and glitter tattoos (5 tickets).
Food & Drink
A snack bar sells drinks, hot dogs, cider, snacks, popcorn and candy under a tent next to the covered picnic area. Inside the entrance is a well stocked store with fresh apples, honey, jams, jellies, salsas, pumpkins and gourds.
Seasonal decor adorns the area and many of the items are for sale.
Tickets and Prices
- The cost of admission on weekdays is $10 per person and the weekend price is $14 per person.
- They offer a $1 off discount for military families.
- Children under the age of two are free. With each paid weekday admission (excluding holidays), patrons receive a small pumpkin.
Hours & When to Go
- The nursery is open from 8 am to 7 pm Mondays through Saturdays
- On Sundays, the timing is from 8 am to 6 pm
- It will be closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
Good to Know Before You Go
- The Burke Nursery and Garden Center is adjacent to the Pumpkin Playground across the parking lot.
- Port-a-pottys are located near the front entrance on the inside of the festival area.
- A huge selection of seasonal plants, flowers, and holiday decorations are for sale.
- Friendly staff will load items into your vehicle when you are ready to leave.
- Head to the Burke Nursery Pumpkin Playground to celebrate the season with your little ones.
The Burke Nursery is located at 9401 Burke Rd, Burke, VA 22015