There are so many good options for snow tubing near Tobyhanna PA and here we’re going to cover them all! Each offers its own unique experience.
Snow tubing is one of the best things to do in the winter time for the whole family to enjoy with no special equipment, lessons or previous experience needed.
Here in the Pocono Mountains, the snow tubing season starts around mid to late November and most resorts will be open by the beginning of December.
Each location typically updates their website and social media when they are getting close to the start of the season.
Whether you’re going on a family vacation, wanting to visit the biggest snow tubing park in the state or prefer a smaller place with beginner hills, here are 10 of the best places to go snow tubing near Tobyhanna, PA in the heart of the Poconos.
#1 Blue mountain resort
1660 Blue Mountain Dr, Palmerton, PA 18071 | Website
With over 46 lanes that are over 1,000 feet long, Blue Mountain Resort has the longest and fastest lanes for snow tubing. That’s why so many people say Blue Mountain Resort is the best place for snow tubing near Tobyhanna PA.
This is actually the largest snow tubing park in the United States!
They have single tubes and double tubes so you can ride down with another person which makes it even more fun!
There snow tubing area has fire pits, a food truck and is a great place to watch those snow tubing whether you’re taking a break or just want to watch.
This is a huge resort with 5 terrain parks!
#2 Shawnee Mountain Ski Area
401 Hollow Rd, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 | Website
While there aren’t as many snow tubing lanes at Shawnee Mountain Ski Area as other ski resorts on this list, the lanes are nice and wide and so much fun.
And while wider lanes may not sound like anything special, the wider lanes increase spinning so some snow tubers will really like this!
They also have both single and adult + child tandem snow tubes. There are 2 surface lifts to carry you to the top.
While kids need to be 4 or older to snow tube, no prior experience is needed here to have a great time.
#3 Skytop lodge
1 Skytop Dr, Skytop, PA 18357 | Website
Skytop Lodge offers easy and affordable snow tubing. Their snow tubing hill is about 400-feet long but not to worry, the chair lift will take you to the top.
Snow tubing sessions here are for 1-hour, however, additional sessions can be purchased. Double tubes are available for a child to ride down with an adult.
#4 Camelback Ski Area
193 Resort Drive Tannersville, PA 18372 | Website
Camelback Mountain Resort is definitely a popular place for snow tubing near Tobyhanna PA so it’s a good idea to book reservations ahead of time.
Time slots are for 2-hours and there are multiple slopes. This means each person will be able to ride down multiple times. The magic carpet lifts also bring you back to the top so you don’t have to worry about lugging your tubes to the top.
While there is no minimum age for snow tubing (although there are height requirements), smaller children are able to slide in a double tube with an adult.
The tubing at night is also a lot of fun!
Enjoy the fire pits along with a coffee or hot chocolate afterwards to warm up!
#5 Jack Frost Mountain Ski Resort
434 Jack Frost Mountain Rd, White Haven, PA 18661 | Website
Located in the Pocono Mountains near Lake Harmony, Jack Frost Ski Resort has recently gone through some upgrades and they are bringing back snow tubing in the winter!
Big Boulder ski area is home of snow tubing at the park with 6 lanes to slide down. At Big Boulder Mountain, simply hop in line, ride the magic carpet to the top of the hill and enjoy the fast and fun journey down.
#6 Hideout Ski Slope
1103 Westwood Dr, Lake Ariel, PA 18436 | Website
Hideout Ski Slope isn’t one of the biggest snow tubing spots but it’s also not expensive either. These hills are private for the local community.
If you’re looking for multiple runs and snow tubing, this may be your spot. This is the perfect place to take a family for their first snow tubing experience near Tobyhanna PA.
The tubing hill at Hideout Ski Slope has it’s own lift access.
#7 Blue Lightning Snowtubing
2157 River Road, East Stroudsburg, PA 18302 | Website
At Pocono Mountain Villas, you can enjoy snow tubing any time of year on their Blue Lightning Tubing. The resort has 2 400-foot tubing lanes with a magic carpet lift.
With this tubing experience you can stay warm and there is no need for water or snow.
The resort also has lots of other things to do while you’re there so you can make a day (or more) of it.
#8 Ski Big Bear
192 Karl Hope Blvd, Lackawaxen, PA 18435 | Website
Snow tubing at Ski Big Bear is available on weekends and holidays. You can purchase tubing tickets online ahead of time and even save some money doing so.
While children cannot ride on laps, double tubes are available for kids.
Here at Masthope Mountain, individual and double tubes will whip down the 500-foot hills and ride back up the magic carpet lift.
This is a nice place to bring the family, snow tube and enjoy some good food and atmosphere.
#9 Hidden Valley Snow Tubing
599 Glades Pike #545, Somerset, PA 15501 | Website
Hidden Valley Snow Tubing is a great place for snow tubing near Lake Wallenpaupack. They have 3 separated tubing lanes and have nice bumps down the slopes which really add to the fun.
The slopes and snow tubes are in good condition and there is a nice conveyor belt to take you to the top.
Tubing sessions are good for 2 hours and helmets are available to be rented if you want.
#10 Iron Valley Tubing
201 Iron Valley Dr, Lebanon, PA 17042 | Website
Iron Valley Tubing has some pretty incredible hills. There are 15 lanes at 900-feet long and 133 feet of drop. Talk about a thrill!
They do have both a large hill and a kids hill available.
More Fun: Snow Tubing & Skiing at Whitetail Resort
State Parks in Eastern Pennsylvania
You may not have even considered simply visiting one of the beautiful, local state parks. Here are some of the state parks near Tobyhanna PA where you can go snow tubing or sledding:
- Fort Washington State Park has a 400-foot slope for sledding
- Frances Slocum State Park has a slope near the pool
- French Creek State Park is a popular place for sledding and tubing near the backside of the dam at Scotts Run Lake
- Lackawanna State Park has hills by the Hilltop Pavilion which are especially good for beginners
- Locust Lake State Park
- Marsh Creek State Park has acres of slopes starting near the picnic area on the east side
- Nockamixon State Park has a nice area above the marina
- Tuscarora State Park
- Tyler State Park has nice hills west of the covered bridge
- Promised Land State Park
- Hickory Run State Park
- Tobyhanna State Park
- Big Pocono State Park
Good to Know Before You Go
Before heading out to snow tube, it helps to be prepared! Here is what we recommend knowing and doing before you go:
- If going snow tubing with smaller kids, make sure to check height requirements before going
- Some venues have no minimum age requirements but they do have height requirements
- Most venues will not allow kids to sit on their parents lap, however, they can be in a double tube so make sure your child will be comfortable with that
- Make sure to dress warmly so you don’t get too cold and need to leave early
- Plan on spending extra time at the venues to enjoy their other activities, sit around the fire pit or grab a bite to eat
- Most places have webcams or at a minimum, a status update as to what the slopes look like. It’s a good idea to check these before you go
- It’s a good idea to purchase tickets online to ensure you have can get in when you arrive
- Even when you purchase tickets in advance, make sure to show up early to give yourself time to check-in, sign any waivers and pick-up your equipment
- If you’re available to go any day of the week, try going during the week to avoid larger crowds and longer wait lines
- Bring your winter jacket, snow pants, and wear lots of layers
- Waterproof clothing is definitely recommended
More Winter Fun Near Tobyhanna PA
If you want to keep the fun going, there is more winter fun nearby. Consider ice skating, seeing one of the local state parks with snow, ski areas and slopes, cross-country skiing, sleigh rides and more.